Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Iran To The Rescue!


Sometimes I wonder how troublesome Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad would be without the "spiritual" backing of the Ayatollah, Ali Khamenei. Yesterday Khamenei remarked to the Iraqi president..

"The first step to resolve the insecurity in Iraq is the withdrawal of the occupiers and handing over the security issues to the Iraqi government, which is backed by the people," state television quoted Khamenei as telling Talabani in their meeting.

"Some U.S. agents in the region are the middle men for implementing American policies and creating an insecure Iraq ...

"Supporting terrorist groups in Iraq and igniting insecurity ... will be very dangerous for America's agents and also the region,"
Riiiiight, as if 24 years of Saddam Hussein fueled Sunni/Shi'a hatred had nothing to do with it. I would be extremely interested to see how Iraqi security forces would fare against their fellow countrymen. (by the way, I have abandoned the concept that those fighting each other and those fighting the U.S. troops are "insurgents" from other countries) I would also be interested to know how many of those security members are invested in sectarian fighting and support themselves.

"U.S. agents in the region"? Ahhh of course...ISRAEL! If only we had previously known the Mossad was at work in Iraq giving Sunnis and Shi'as more reasons to hate each other. I'm willing to criticize Israel when necessary but a claim like that is simply intellectual laziness. Whatever, I guess every country needs an arch rival or maybe two.

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog, which I linked to through Good Neighbors in a roundabout way. Glad that I found your site! Very interesting post. I am cautiously optimistic that the connections made by bloggers across the blogsphere will lead to improved communication, sharing ideas, and respect. I read MidEast Youth also I am impressed that the work that Drima and Esra are doing. Check out Good Neighbors when you get a chance (my daughter's effort to connect to other's across the region---very dynamic people who post there). Looking forward to checking you site daily. All the best, lynne

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

Thank you lynne, I look forward to seeing you back time and time again as a regular commenter. I swing by Good Neighbors everyonce in a while.

You can also find my writing on MidEastYouth.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home