Friday, September 22, 2006

Boredom Equals Terrorism.

I have a theory about jihadists, I think they're just bored. Imagine what it's like to live in Palestine, your a refugee in your own country, you've been cornered into a slum called the Gaza strip, you have a 10 o'clock curfew imposed by another country, most of your buddies from high school are dead, your dirt poor, you have no job and if you do have a job they don't pay you. That sort of thing tends to create a lot of hostility plus you have TONS of time on your hands, you might as well join a neighborhood terrorist group. It's a simple formula...

Multi-generational occupation
+
Poverty
+
Boredom
=
Blood thirsty jihadist

Next time you're SUPER bored think of how many other things you'd rather be doing, killing people might be one of them. Usually when I'm bored I want to murder my friend "Special K".

5 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Rhino-itall said...

This has been my argument for years. These people don't have anything going on. They have been betrayed by their leaders for years.... Oh and also they learn in their schools that Israel and the U.S. are the great satan and that they should be destroyed. that probably doesn't help either.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

I am bored at work and I can get very nasty indeed, but not enough to detonate myself and destroy my last vestiges of good looks! I am too vain to go out that way.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitley True! I've always thought that a mix of poverty, unemployment and the Arab flaw of watching too much western TV (which leads to misconceptions and envy) will always lead to fundamentalism and then bloodthirsty jihadism. Hell! sometimes even i feel a teeny bit jihady when I watch some TV programmes :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. I think these people need a jobs program. Besides maybe some of the labor could go to making those slums they live in much more liveable.

For the Palestinians, this is an area (a very rare area, in fact) where the UN should be able to step up and make an actual difference.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Boredom, unemployment, and sexual frustration are an awful combination...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home