Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Egyptian Goes To America... Let The Hilarity Begin

I'm excited to a euphoric extent. My favorite cousin in the whole world is arriving tomorrow from Egypt. He was just married at the end of July and now he and his new wife are coming here to Chicago. I'm not sure what I am more excited about, him coming here to visit or that I'll surely have a billion things to write about after he has left. The following is a list of possible topics that could arise as a result of his visit...

-The changing face of Egypt from a resident of Egypt point of view.
-The Israel/Lebanon war from the same perspective.
-Hot American women.
-Extreme culture shock.
-Awkward encounters with awkward Americans.

and finally

-The great English/Arabic language barrier.

My cousin speaks perfect English but I don't think he is prepared for the speed with which Americans speak or the slang terminology. To top it all off his wife doesn't speak a word of English except for maybe "hello" and "telephone", the latter being exactly the same in Arabic.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Miss Carnivorous said...

Do not speak of "hot" American women in front of your friend's new wife, puleeze. Besides, even ugly women are "hot" right now in Chigago, it's 100 degrees in the shade with 100% humidity.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Twosret said...

How is your cousin feeling? I bet Chicago is so arab friendly that he won't feel Ghorba much :)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

Stories are comming soon children

 

Post a Comment

<< Home