Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ironic Fan Base

So I read this site Sandmonkey.org fairly often, if your not already familiar you can click the link in my list of sites.

By his own admission he is "an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey."(I still don't quite know what snarky is)

I am not surprised that people who disagree with his ideology enjoy reading his site (probably because it gets them hyped up before they go to the terrorist rally.) What does surprise me however is that most of the people to comment on his posts display an obviously opposite ideology. Most of the time they display the kind of behavior he is lampooning in the first place.

The site is based around NOT blaming Israel/America for the problems of the middle east and suggests looking at yourselves instead. To my surprise the comments are full of America hating, terrorist sympathizing Israel bashers. Go figure. Dont they get that they are the source of his frustration?

Sandmonkey, help me out here.

5 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a frequent commenter on sandy's blog but one who supports his views. I think so many people who oppose him are quick to make comments because he is a challenge to their belief system. Perhaps, since many of these people are Arabic and have only been exposed to one viewpoint, they have a hard time grasping opinions other than their own

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

I posed the same question in a cynical way and what I realize is that people refuse to accept that these are his real opinions and insist on believing its just a caricature for entertainments sake. Like how could an egyptian possibly think this way, it must be a joke!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger The Sandmonkey said...

Man, I love my trolls. They are too funny at times.

The way I see it, I am glad they are there, because I believe they kind of add to the discussion. I have all kinds of crazies from all sides of the fence leaving comments, and I think that's a good thing. adds to the discussion, shows people the extreemes at both sides, and theya re hella mausing. You know?

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger D.B. Shobrawy said...

SM, absolutely. Plus watching the comments unfold, crazy or not. Allows the people in the middle to sit back and observe the absurdity and in that forum the purist and most logical reasoning will shine through.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Forsoothsayer said...

they're trying to get hi mto see other viewpoints! enta mish fahem wala eh. are u drunk?

these terrorists didn't becomes terrorists because they are EVIL. the commentators are trying to show sm that there are root causes for terrorism, some of which can i nfact be laid at the door of israel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home